The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program’s Business Investor Stream Farm Investor Pahthway is for investors who have the experience in the farm business, the required capital to invest, and the intention to reside and invest in Manitoba. The requirements are:
- 3 or more years farm ownership or operation supported by documentation
- Ability to attend an interview in English or French
- A minimum investment of CAD$300,000 in tangible farm assets and not for the purpose of a passive investment income nor for speculative purposes.
- You must do a Farm Business Research Visit to Manitoba in order to investigate opportunities in the farm sector in Manitoba.
- The farm business you are investing in or establishing in Manitoba must be engaged in regular and recurring activities as well as being in active, primary agricultural production and be economically viable.
- Third-party farm managers are not eligible.
- You must have the following skills that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s farming sector:
- Practical farming experience
- Technical knowledge
- Experience in technological-based farming practices
- You must have a net worth of at least CAD$500,000. Your net worth may be verified by a third-party verifier designated by the MPNP. These are the same as those listed in the Entrepreneur stream.
Your process for applying and receiving your work permit is identical to the Entrepreneur Pathway. The same 7 steps are involved with much of the same documentation. However, some provincial and federal supporting documents and/or forms may be different for the Entrepreneur and Farm Investor pathways.
Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the list of forms for the Farm Investor Pathway.