Get Professional Help
Richmond Hill, Ontario has one Immigrant Welcome Centre serving the region, provided by the Catholic Community Services of York Region. The Richmond Hill Welcome Centre is intend as the "one stop shop" for any newcomers in Richmond Hill or the surrounding area (York Region) who need any of the following services:
- settlement and integration services, including mentorship of professionals, youths and others;
- language training:
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) - a free basic language program for newcomers to Canada
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - conversational language instruction in English for work, school and daily life
- Enhanced Language Training (ELT) - a language course for foreign-trained professionals needing to improve their language skills for the Canadian work place
- employment supports including:
- accreditation and qualifications assistance / information,
- Job Search Workshops (JSW) program,
- employment resource areas
- Employment Settlement Specialists.
In order to use the services at the Richmond Hill Welcome Centre you must be a resident of York Region.
These services are provided in the following languages:
- Chinese (Cantonese);
- Chinese (Mandarin);
- Interpretive Services are available as well.
- Monday to Friday: 8:30AM-8:30PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM-3:30PM
South Hill Shopping Centre
9325 Yonge St
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0A8
- Phone: 1-877-761-1155
- Fax: 905-884-3163
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.welcomecentre.ca
- Social Media: www.facebook.com/WelcomeCentres
Funding for the Welcome Centre is provided by the federal government's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Welcome Centre is managed by a unique partnership of five immigrant serving community organizations including COSTI Immigrant Services, Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR), Centre for Information and Community Services (CICS), Job Skills and Social Enterprise for Canada.
The Welcome Centre in Richmond Hill does not provide legal services. Legal assistance with your IRCC application can be provided by a Regulated Immigration Consultant (RCIC) or Lawyer. Maxcan Immigration employs RCIC Mary Zhang. Our offices are located in Markham at 7030 Woodbine Avenue, which is only a 15 minute drive from the Richmond Hill Welcome Centre.